"It is in the home that we form our attitudes, our deeply held beliefs. It is in the home that hope is fostered
or destroyed. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God's Spirit can dwell,
where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells."--President Thomas Spencer Monson

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm so glad when Dad comes home

I think we underestimate the power and the effect of fathers. I've known a lot of people who have not had a father in their life and it's been been really hard and effective their teenage years considerably. They need the stability and the effect will go along way. For me, I love my Dad and I have a lot of great memories of him. I remember sitting on his lap every Saturday during a BYU football game and enjoying it together. I grew up loving football because of it and it's been something that we do together still today. Another thing I remember is I was so excited to have him come home so when I knew he was on his way I would make a stance and when he came through the door I would run and jump into his arms. It was the best feeling to get his whisker kisses and hug him real tight. You just can't substitute that kind of feeling for anything.

Here is a video from the Church about fathers.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&vgnextoid=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&channelId=bd163ca6e9aa3210VgnVCM1000003a94610aRCRD&sourceId=5b2ab0333ee92210VgnVCM100000176f620a____

No comments:

Post a Comment